BROOKS CEMETERY

   

From Left To Right: Fred Knoodle, Ann Schlosser, Jon Phillips, Donna Johnson, Marcia Maves,
Penny Postma   Front: Harold Daniels
 

BROOKS CEMETERY PROJECT

Brooks Cemetery is an abandoned cemetery located in Center Township. ECGS member Harold Daniels discovered this cemetery while researching his family and brought it to the attention of our society. 15 people were buried there between 1883 and 1936, including Civil War veteran Alfonso Brooks. The graves were unmarked. On Saturday, May 19, 2007, we placed a sign at Brooks Cemetery, which lists the names of everyone buried there. Alan Thelen obtained a tombstone for Alfonso Brooks. On September 27, 2008 we installed the tombstone at the cemetery and marked all 15 graves with white crosses.  On May 30, 2009 Robert Finch Camp No. 14 of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War conducted a gravesite rededication ceremony to recognize Alfonso Brooks.

List of Those Buried in The Cemetery 

       

   

Home Page